Your gift to the Department of Germanic Languages and Literatures makes a real difference and will have a lasting impact. Your money will support a number of worthwhile undertakings in the department, among them are:
- Study Abroad
- Student and Faculty Exchanges
- Summer Support for Qualified Students
- Teaching Fellowships
- Thesis Completion for BA, MA, and Ph.D. Students
- Lectures, Conferences, and Workshops
Your contribution will make sure that we can continue to teach students to:
- Think and write critically about important issues in the global environment.
- Develop linguistic and cultural competencies that will serve them their entire lives.
- Develop comprehensive communication skills.
Your gift will help to ensure that future generations of Americans speak are linguistically and culturally competent in a globalized environment. Our students are extremely well prepared and benefit from mentoring by outstanding faculty. Our graduate teaching assistants are among the best on campus and contribute in all ways to our undergraduate mission.
The Department of Germanic Languages and Literatures is committed to providing the best possible liberal arts education to our students. To meet that goal, we must continue to attract and retain highly qualified faculty and well-prepared students and to provide them with a technologically advanced teaching and learning environment. Your gift of financial support will enable us to ensure a legacy of excellence for education and scholarship in our department.