Here are some ways to engage with German during this time of physical distancing!
1. Practice your German using podcasts like Easy German, or programs like Rosetta Stone (Illinois students and staff get it for free!).
2. Join our Facebook groups (Undergraduate Program in German at Illinois Urbana-Champaign and UIUC Deutschklub) and interact with the communities there!
3. FaceTime, Skype, etc. with German speakers! You can find practice pals via our Facebook groups (see above), but also feel free to contact our Director of Undergraduate Studies (Prof. Laurie Johnson, email@example.com) for suggestions if you don't personally know any German speakers.
4. Listen to some German music; plan your dream German vacation; cook or bake a German dish!
5. Finally, please mail firstname.lastname@example.org for information about German Club plans for Fall 2020! And, again, join us on Facebook (UIUC Deutschklub, and Undergraduate Program in German at Illinois Urbana-Champaign)!